Saturday, June 6, 2009

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Seems like time is moving so fast these days. Hope it still feels this way when we get on that long, long flight to China!

Today was a good day. The girls' suitcase is completely packed and zipped up, ready to go. My suitcase is about half ready. The rest of the packing should be easy. The hard part of deciding what to take has been done.

I need to spend a few hours tomorrow going over the paperwork and making sure we have copies of everything we might need while in China. I'll try to organize the documents so they are easy to find and light to carry. They have to go with us everywhere, if my memory is correct.

Delilah has moved away from her foster parents home. She is required to spend seven days in the orphanage who has outlined her care while her adoption paperwork is processed. I'm so sorry she had to leave the family that obviously loved her very much. I'm sad for them, wondering if they have seen her for the last time. I hope we will be able to continue a relationship and stay in touch. It's hard at such a great distance, but I will do whatever I can to help Delilah retain this hugely important life history.

Four days until we leave. Our travel clothes are hanging in anticipation. Tomorrow there will be more jobs and more moments of panic when I think I've forgotten something important. But this day is complete and I'm tired and looking forward to Hibachi steak for dinner and an early night in bed reading "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. This is a such a large book.....not something I can take on the trip. So I'm trying to finish it this week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you!!!! This is really wonderful!!!
    Kathy T
    Anchorage

    ReplyDelete