Thursday, January 29, 2009

Passing the Time

Along with many other waiting families, we were hoping to receive word of the arrival of our Letter of Seeking Confirmation (LOSC aka LOA) before the Chinese Spring Festival or New Year of the Ox celebrations began because
the Chinese Adoption government office (CCAA) closes for a week or two during this time.

We watched. We waited. But no news came. Now I suddenly find that soon the CCAA will be back at work and we can begin again waiting for that magical letter to arrive, and it should be soon for us. You can view our counter in the right hand column to see how many days we've been waiting since our dossier was logged.

Meanwhile, I have found a unique way to pass the time and to actually enter into a time warp so as to bypass the disappointment of not receiving our LOA before CNY. I've been quite under the weather with fever and infection. Not feeling up to much at all. After trying several medications, I finally ended up in the hospital and they had some tricks up their sleeves, which finally have me on the way to recovery.

Poof! A couple weeks have passed. What is this waiting people complain about! LOL! The same thing happened to me during our wait for Cami. It must be my "labor". A friend who was adopting at the same time commented that I never seemed to be bothered by the wait. I confessed that being sick has a way of putting me into survival mode and time moves differently.

I'm sure someone out there understands what I'm talking about. Today I'm happy to be healthy and looking forward, into the days of Delilah dancing into our home. Good health is such a gift and I will spend my life helping it be the birthright of as many children as possible. I hate to think of anyone suffering ongoing pain and sickness if there is something that can be done to help them. I know there are limits to how many children I can help by finding funding for surgery or nutritional formula, but I will do as much as I can, and for someone, I hope, it will make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the wait for LOA. I won't tell you how long we waited. I walked my way through the wait...four miles a day, lost a good bit of weight....I hope you hear soon!
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherri. It is good to hear that there are still people who love others and want to help better their lives. Way to go girl!! Glad to hear you are feeling better, I was watching your blog and wondering where you were. Take Care!!

    Julie
    www.bellasjourneyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete