Monday, January 12, 2009

On What I'm Doing Here......




Joseph Campbell wrote, in "The Power of Myth", the following:

I even have a superstition that has grown on me
as the result of invisible hands
coming all the time..

Namely, that if you follow your bliss
you put yourself on a kind of track
that has been there all the while,
waiting for you.

And the life that you ought to be living,
is the one you ARE living.

When you can see that,
you begin to meet people
who are in the field of your bliss,
and they open the doors to you.

I say, Follow Your Bliss
and don't be afraid,
and doors will open
where you didn't know they were going to be!
----- joseph campbell

1 comment:

  1. Sherri: I read your interesting comment on my blog, came to read your piece/post and will do some thinking on this subject. Bored? Maybe. Able to follow bliss? Not as I would know it/follow it.

    I was hoping to adopt, but that is not to be. So, the last child graduates, no adoption and....I am discontent and waiting and am definitely BLAH (not a medical term lol).

    We shall see what the Lord will do. Thanks for reading, thinking of me and posting.

    Teri (from Iowa)

    ReplyDelete