Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How Do You Measure Success?


"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded."
Words of Ralph Waldo Emerson


2 comments:

  1. It was so good to catch up with your blog. I am out-of-pocket a week and I am behind on my blog reading, but I have so enjoyed catching up with everyone! btw, I love the Christmas card photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, keeps like is perspective very quietly. Cami is growing so. She looks a good deal like Julia is some poses but her eyes are bigger. That pink coat and ruff just frame her face like an angel.

    As for that Delilah -- oh, she is going to be a handful and I can't wait until get travel ot get her!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete